Could my HTC One Mini 2 be bricked?

EchoAndroid

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
HTC One Mini 2 Problems

Hi,
I lost my phone yesterday night on a sports pitch and had to come back this morning to find it. I did, and it had some moisture on it but I just wiped it off. When i held the power button it turned on but had 2% so I took it home and charged it. I left it for about 8 hours and when I tried to hold the power button to turn it back on it did nothing. Holding both the power and volume buttons together do nothing, and the HTC Sync Manager just says there is no phone connected.
I suspect that it has bricked but any help is still appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One Mini 2 Problems

Welcome to Android Central! Things can get pretty damp from morning dew, so it's possible water got inside the phone. Or maybe there was still moisture in the charging port, and when you plugged it in to charge, it caused a short. In either case, the phone would likely need some significant repair work.

EchoAndroid

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

Well, funnily enough I left it in rice for about 36 hours and it seems to be working perfectly :) But thanks for you concern

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Whew, lucky so far! But keep a close eye on its function. Issues can pop up several days to weeks after water exposure, due to the potential for corrosion (which doesn't occur right away).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome