I have a Samsung galaxy S3 tablet and I have downloaded some folders into "my files" folder. I get the folder to open with no problems but when I try to open the files, I get the message" unable to find application to perform this action". What do I need to do to open my files. I also have the files stored on a thumb drive, is there any way to read the files from the thumb drive instead?
    11-13-2014 11:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What kind of files are you trying to open? The file format might be one that Android apps don't open (or you haven't yet installed an app that can open them).
    11-14-2014 12:08 AM
    Hi Diddy, thanks for the response. The type of files I am trying to open are online classes I can use offline. They work fine on my desktop but won't open on my tablet. The files extension are MHT. Hope this info helps.
    11-14-2014 09:35 AM
    From what I can find, MHT files are meant to be opened by Internet Explorer (or Firefox, with the proper extension). You could try MhtViewer, but it sounds like it might be a little buggy.
    11-14-2014 10:08 AM
    You can add the UnMHT add-on to Firefox in Android. (Menu/Tools/Add-ons/ hit the right arrow to the right of "Your Add-ons", search for UnMHT.)

The school should get better IT people - these files should be pdf files, not something specific to one browser that's not available for 3 of the 4 operating systems currently in use.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-15-2014 01:13 AM
    In my case I´m trying to open MP3 files. I have installed two apps for music playing in my Galaxy S5 Marshmallow
    05-18-2016 09:25 AM
    I am getting the same error message when I transferred memos from my Samsung galaxy to my new note 5 I am getting an error message. I really need these files. Can someone help please
    06-23-2016 07:36 PM
    maybe you disabled some services application at application manager.. try to enable them.. take my advice if u want to disable any app better to uninstall them... don't disable any app you don't know the usage..
    08-19-2016 12:17 PM
    I have a Samsung galaxy S3 tablet and I have downloaded some folders into "my files" folder. I get the folder to open with no problems but when I try to open the files, I get the message" unable to find application to perform this action". What do I need to do to open my files. I also have the files stored on a thumb drive, is there any way to read the files from the thumb drive instead?
    Need help
    10-05-2016 07:34 AM
    Using a memory stick to view photos on my Samsung Galaxy tablet. When I plug in all the files have got the .NG file extensions and I get the message above. What do I need to do in order to view these pictures files?
    01-12-2017 10:44 AM
    Doesn't look like an image file extension. In looking up that extension (.ng) I found this: "Files with ng file extension are related to the Norton Guide online documentation databases."

Not a photo file.

You should have started a new thread as this is not related to the original post.
    01-12-2017 12:13 PM