How to show all folders in Gallery?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I took a picture (only 1 pic) using the camera of S4. I go to Gallery app and see the pic there. Inside Gallary app, I create a new folder [my testing now] and I moved the picture into the folder by dragging into the folder.

Now inside Gallery app, I deleted the pic. Inside Gallery I cannot see the [my testing now] folder anymore.

The folder actually still exist in My files app by accessing My files>all files>pictures>my testing now

Even though my testing now folder no longer contains any pic, I want to see the folder exist in Gallery so I can drag new pic to the folder.

How can I let the folder my testing now appear in Gallery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gallery apps usually won't show a blank folder, if there's nothing in the actual directory. I suggest you just put a small placeholder image in the folder.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by placeholder image?

Is there an app that can show all folders?

Usually I just do not notice if it is the last picture that is in the folder, so after I deleted the last pic in a folder, the whole folder disappears from view in the Gallery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By a placeholder image, I mean just any image file. You could pick some simple image file that you find on the web that is small in size, download it, then copy it to every directory where you want to store photos. Call it something like "null' or "placeholder." As long as there is an image in the directory, that directory will show up in your Gallery as a folder--so if you just make sure you never delete the placeholder image, the folder will continue to be shown in the Gallery.

I'm not aware of any gallery app that will show a blank folder, if there are no image files in it. But I haven't looked hard for one, either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith