When I set my phone Samsung S4 to vibrate or mute mode, when I play a video clip or music. there will be sound coming out. How to set to mute sound when I play video/music? (I know I can adjust volume during playing of video/music. What I mean is when I set the phone to vibrate or mute mode, I want the video/music to start with mute/no sound. I will increase the video/music volume myself if I want to.)
    11-14-2014 06:39 AM
    I'm surprised that it will do this when set to Mute. Vibrate I can kinda see because that setting seems like it would be directed just at calls and notifications, but mute seems like it would be directed at the all of the volume settings. Anyway, have you tried the widget? Not sure of all of the widget options with a Sammy or the S4, but Android should have at least one option for a sound widget. It may be bundled with other options, which could make it less appealing, but even if you don't want it just try it and see if you get a different result. That's what I would do anyway. Meanwhile there are several widget apps at the PS which in their handling may allow you to toggle options, such as when Phone is silenced all sounds are affected, which may toggle to when Phone is silenced only ring and notifications are affected. I know KK has had some sound issues on certain models and while I haven't seen this particular question or issue, most of those deal with volume seeming to randomly change.
    11-14-2014 07:28 AM