I'm a newbie to Android. Tried searching the forums didn't find the required solution. When I'm on a call the screen automatically times out and I need to unlock the phone and then press disconnect to end the call. Sometimes, i just don't bother to disconnect thinking the other party will disconnect. Can anybody tell me how to keep the screen from timing out on it's own while I'm on a call so that after the call I don't forget to disconnect it? I tried searching in the settings but there is only an option of screen time out in general. Is there an option specifically for calls?
    11-15-2014 01:57 AM
    The proximity detector turns the screen off so that you don't "cheek dial". When you take the phone away from your face, the screen should come back in a second or two. If it doesn't, it's covered under warranty.
    11-15-2014 02:06 AM
    No. What i meant by screen timeout is the device locks itself midway when I am on a call. So is there a way to delay this lock for calls only?
    11-15-2014 06:23 AM
    Locks as in the lock screen comes on, or locks as in the screen goes black? If the lockscreen comes on during a call, I'd bring the phone to the carrier and ask for a fix or refurb.
    11-15-2014 02:45 PM
    Yeah! The lock screen. So it isn't supposed to come on during a call?
    11-15-2014 11:04 PM
    If I've been on a call for a while without accessing anything else on the phone, and then if I end the call, the lockscreen will come up. Does it matter if you adjust the "Automatically Lock" setting in Settings>Security?
    11-17-2014 07:26 PM
    If I've been on a call for a while without accessing anything else on the phone, and then if I end the call, the lockscreen will come up. Does it matter if you adjust the "Automatically Lock" setting in Settings>Security?
    Yep. That's what. I changed the Automatically Lock and it serves the purpose!! Thanks.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-22-2014 03:08 AM