Why won't my phone update?

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I own a Motorola Atrix HD and for some odd reason it will not update. I am two versions behind of what I am supposed to be. My phone came with android 4.1.1 and a long time ago it was supposed to update to 4.1.2 I never really cared because it was just a .1 difference. Well, recently my phone got an update to 4.4 kitkat and I cannot enjoy it because my OTA updates on my phone are not working. I've already tried the Google Services Framework trick.. no luck even though I've done it way more than I should've. I even tried on the computer, even Motorola Device Manager says I'm up to date. But on the Motorola website, it says different. I've tried absolutely everything my phone is completely stubborn and will not admit there's an update. Does this have something to do with at&t? PLEASE HELP!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
First, try rebooting in recovery mode and doing a cache partition clear (I don't remember the procedure for the Atrix, which I sold a year ago - you'll need to look it up). If that doesn't work, factory reset. That last may be your only option after having messed with the Google Services Framework.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If factory reset didn't fix things, then I wouldn't know what to try next. But here is the recovery mode info - just choose "cache partition clear" instead of factory reset. Your data & settings will remain.

Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + PWR KEY .
The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS
Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Select Recovery
The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark
Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen
The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background .
Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the PWR Key to SELECT the option desired .

I just did a bit more research on this. According to the Motorola site, their most recent update to your phone was some cleanup to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. They don't say anything about KitKat. Maybe you are up to date but were misinformed about which version you were getting - is your phone working properly? https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/89776/p/30,6720,8558

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The chart says 98.5.38 is the latest version. The newest is at the top, the oldest at the bottom. You have the newest.

I'm writing directly from the Motorola site:

Latest*version:**98.5.38.MB886.ATT.en.US
Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae