Hello, a couple of months ago I got a google nexus 5 phone from alliant. I just downloaded the new lollipop update and since then it deleted all my contacts and replaced them with hundreds of contacts, mostly email addresses I haven't used in years. ( from my hotmail account) Also when I try to connect to the WiFi at my work it just loads to a white screen. Is there any fix to the issues I'm having? It pretty much makes my phone useless. Thanks for your help in advance.

Melanie
    11-21-2014 09:35 AM
    Hello, a couple of months ago I got a google nexus 5 phone from alliant. I just downloaded the new lollipop update and since then it deleted all my contacts and replaced them with hundreds of contacts, mostly email addresses I haven't used in years. ( from my hotmail account) Also when I try to connect to the WiFi at my work it just loads to a white screen. Is there any fix to the issues I'm having? It pretty much makes my phone useless. Thanks for your help in advance.

Melanie
    How to clear the system cache for the Google Nexus 5 — Android Forum - AndroidPIT
    11-21-2014 09:58 AM
    I tried this method, and it didn't work.

I got to the recovery mode, and cleared the cache, but nothing happened. The WiFi still wouldn't connect.
    11-21-2014 03:54 PM
    My WiFi problem disappeared, here's how.

I noticed every time I tried to connect to WiFi, a message would pop up saying that it can't connect to network (this message would appear at the bottom of the screen). Then I asked myself, where is that message coming from? I then realized the message is coming from another application. It seems the McAfee security software was cutting the connection. Once I removed the app, I was able to connect to WiFi, no problem.

I believe that some applications have not been updated to work on lollipop, so they may be causing some of the issues with the devices running properly....like connecting to WiFi. You may have to find which app is causing you this problem or wait for Google to send out a update.

Hope this helps

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-24-2014 09:36 PM