Can't find a media app that can sort folders into groups

orbspider

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Can any one help me out here, I use a Galaxy Tab4 and just tried for one day to find a media gallery that I can organise my pics/videos in the way I like...

all are in folders logically ordered on the sd card, but Gallery (bad) and Quickpic (nicer) just lump all folders on one page.

Ideally I want the folders to be sorted into groups - not automatically either, but as I set them.

Come on, who (who like photos) hasn't got 100s of folders of very different photo topics ? is it helpful to have them plastered on one page?

Quickpic can exclude and that helps -but only good that way to display one group of folders, eg my work folders... then what about all the others that are excluded, how to show them all together separate from the work folders?

Ok, I can also make shortcts to folders on the home page through quickpic, which is handy, but thats going to be lots of work for lots of folders. The downside of that is that another user might not return to the home page to open another shortcut and will then start browsing all folders.

ideas? thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You organize the filesystem folders the way you like. The image display app just reflects the folders in the filesystem. The app you want is a file manager (like ES File Explorer or Total Commander) not an image display app.

orbspider

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Sure, a file explorer can show me the folders I have, but it does a lot more, like browse the system and delete etc, which I don't want users doing,

the layout in file browsers is just not the same as a gallery like quickpic.

I'd be happy if I could make a group/album one for videos, one for work pics, one for downloads and so on, and add folders to them, then its easy to navigate where you want to.

quickpic can make shortcuts to the home page too, but that means lot of work, and discarding the 'exclude' list probably, which will make everything show on the page if someone starts up the app from icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc