A few issues with my Z1 compact. Any ideas?

richard_c

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have two Z1 compacts (ones my girlfriends).

We are both having a few issues with them and I was wondering if you guys could help use find out if they are hardware or software issues.

My phone has a problem with playing music, basically it sounds like the music is cutting out or as if there's a problem with the connection to the headphones. Now I know its not the headphones because it happens to every pair I use. Also sometimes when I plug the headphones in they work and then ill unplug them and then plug them into the phone again later but the phone doesn't think they are plugged in and plays the music from the phone speakers. The only way to fix it is to reboot the phone.

The problem my girlfriend has is that her phone screen wont wake up when she's ending a call so she cant end the call and the phone just freezes and we have to wait for it to come back to life. Sometimes it just totally messes up and we have to reboot the phones.

Any ideas what could be causing these issues?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For both devices, perform a factory reset. Backup data and sync the accounts. Let us know how it goes and if the problems go away.

richard_c

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've reset both devices. It's seemed to have fixed the problems I was having.

But for my girlfriends phone the same problem is still there that if you ring someone the screen goes black and the phone is unresponsive, you have to press the power button multiple times before the phone wakes up. My guess the proximity sensor is f**ked?

Do I need to contact carphonewarehouse to get it repaired or Sony?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My guess the proximity sensor is f**ked?
Mine too.

Do I need to contact carphonewarehouse to get it repaired or Sony?
If it's within the exchange period, ask for a new phone, If not, if Carphone Warehouse has a refurb, they should replace it with that (or with a new phone). Talk to them first. (It's of no great matter to them - it's a defective phone, so they get full credit for it. It's a matter of company policy and whether the sales person had a good night's sleep.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital