Hi everyone. I am planning on replacing my tablet and want to know if there is a way to prevent all of the apps I have on my phone, which are not on my current tablet, from downloading onto the new tablet. I use the same Gmail account on both devices and have both set to sync apps, and that does not force the all of my apps on both devices. They stay separate.

I ask this because I did a factory re-set on my tablet a few years ago and all of my apps downloaded. I had to delete the unwanted ones off of the tablet. I guess doing that really wasn't a big deal, but I'd rather not have to if there is a way to prevent it.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
    11-27-2014 10:26 AM
    If you use the same account on both, and have app sync on both, you'll get the same apps on both. There's no "sync but don't copy all the apps" choice - syncing means keeping the apps the same on all synced devices. Either you sync or you don't. The only other way would be to use a different account on the 2 devices, each with its own apps, but if you're using paid apps, that means paying twice, since the payment is tied to the account, not the device.
    11-27-2014 10:54 AM
    Thank Rukbat for your help. I do have a follow up question. I currently have both phone and tablet set to sync my Google account apps. I have different apps on both, and right now it does not sync my smarthphone only apps onto my tablet and vise versa. So is this sync everything on the initial sync only?
    Thanks.
    11-28-2014 09:57 AM
    Actually, you can prevent all of your apps from installing on the tablet pretty easily. Right after you're done with the Setup Wizard, go immediately to the Google Play Store, and then to My Apps. You should see all of your apps from Google Play queued up to install. Tap the Stop button at the upper right, and that should stop the automatic installation in its tracks.
    11-30-2014 01:19 AM
    Much thanks B. Diddy. This will save me a lot of time.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-01-2014 03:26 PM