Sending Gmail message over WiFi

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this straight...I can't send or reply to a gmail message when connected to wifi? For example: I'm at home and always connected to my wifi, I get a gmail notification on my phone and try to reply/forward it, the message sits in the outbox and reads "sending" but never finishes. Please tell me there is a setting or setup config that allows this.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So let me get this straight...I can't send or reply to a gmail message when connected to wifi? For example: I'm at home and always connected to my wifi, I get a gmail notification on my phone and try to reply/forward it, the message sits in the outbox and reads "sending" but never finishes. Please tell me there is a setting or setup config that allows this.

I've been having the same issue lately, but I thought it was just Gmail acting funky, as this never used to be a problem. Can anyone else confirm this?

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree. What the hell is going on with the GMAIL syncing as well? I get gmail notifications as unread on my phone because its not syncing with my online gmail account. Disappointed to say the least. Anyone else having this problem?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this problem and posted about it a few months back. I have the stock email program and when I am home I switch to Wifi. The problem is when I send emails on Wifi they sit in my outbox. As soon as I switch Wifi off they get sent. It worked fine when I first got my phone, but stopped working at some point. I believe it has to be a "glitch".

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if this is a common issue with Android in general then. Although, I never noticed this on my original Droid so is this something relatively new?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza