Why do some pics I take with my Galaxy S 5 show up and others say media not found?

Stacie Marcott

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
why do some pics I take with my galaxy s 5 show up and others say

My pics used to show up when i clicked on my gallery app, now i see some of them and others say media not found! Its driving me crazy and I even connected to my pc with no change, what did I do to change the way they are displayed or the way they are stored( I store them on my 64 Gb card) someone please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why do some pics I take with my galaxy s 5 show up and others say

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like a problem with the SD card, which is unfortunately a relatively common issue raised here at AC, especially with Samsung devices. The card itself might be corrupt, or device's firmware might be messing up the read/write process. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read the files? If so, back up everything now. Then run chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why do some pics I take with my galaxy s 5 show up and others say

And buy SanDisk cards. The quality is better, they're easier to deal with if (rare event) a card goes bad (when Samsung phones started chewing up cards, SanDisk came out with a modification to stop the problem from happening with their cards), they invented the technology ... You pay a little more for quality, but the most valuable part of a computer (in the phone, a laptop or a desktop) is the data. If the pictures aren't backed up, and one of the ones lost is your baby's first step ... How much is that worth?