I got an update in the morning and later since the evening when I tried to download apps I was thinking about, they just aren't downloading. They just show a blue stream after i hit the install button saying installing but download never starts. Is google plardoing an update too? Or issues are local in my phone. Plz help.
    11-29-2014 02:41 PM
    Is this on your Note 3? Have you tried rebooting? You could also go to the App Manager, select Google Play Store, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for Download Manager.

If all of that doesn't help, then try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11017
    sicunder36 likes this.
    11-29-2014 06:22 PM
    I tried clearing cache and rebooted - no success.
    Is master reset the factory reset options one of the options in the same menu?

1)Will this clear my phone out? Or just to the same level as when I unbox ed it ?
    2)Will preloaded apps and settings still be intact?
    3)should I remove the sim card while doing so?

I have been visiting some of those sites, may be I caught some virus.

4)Is the knox thing an anti virus too?

5) will this void my warranty? It's been just a month since I bought it.

No it's note 3 neo but exactly similar.
    11-29-2014 09:14 PM
    1)Will this clear my phone out? Or just to the same level as when I unbox ed it ?
    The Wipe Data/Factory Reset option in the Recovery Menu is the same as doing a Factory Data Reset from the Settings menu. It will wipe the phone and return it to factory state.

2)Will preloaded apps and settings still be intact?
    They get wiped, but when you set the phone back up again, most apps and settings will be restored, as long as you had the "Backup My Data" and "Automatically Restore" checkboxes checked in Settings>Backup & Reset. I say "most, " because it's only apps that you installed from Google Play, and in my experience, there are still some apps that don't reinstall automatically.

The data associated with those apps also doesn't necessarily get backed up, because it depends on if the app uses the "Backup My Data" option. To be safe, you should backup your app data in other ways, like with Helium.

3)should I remove the sim card while doing so?
    Removing the SIM card isn't necessary. Removing the microSD card is theoretically not necessary either, although I've read posts here from people who found that a factory reset affected their SD card in some way (either wiping data or corrupting it). So to be safe, unmount and remove the SD card prior to a factory reset.

4)Is the knox thing an anti virus too?
    See this article: What is Samsung Knox?

5) will this void my warranty?
    A factory reset will not void your warranty.
    sicunder36 likes this.
    11-30-2014 12:12 AM
    I was travelling in a rural (poor Internet area) so couldn't see your reply but after volume up + power +home menu clear cache didn't work - I did the first step u told (cleared the google play cache and also the data - Earlier I had just cleared the cache ) but without forcing stop the Google play. I then rebooted and it worked I didn't do a factory reset, as non google apps were working and updating just fine -so the problem was limited to Google store only.

Also thank for the info on warranty and factory reset. Really helpful info on back up options. I will read up on helium and knox.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-30-2014 09:25 AM