How can I consolidate numerous entries for one person in the recent call logs into one entry?

lrbldo

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
On Verizon Note 4, I receive or place a call to one person for example and I want to see one entry for that person; not multiple entries for the same person in recent call log.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Are your contacts in the device or in Google contacts? I'd recommend getting all of them into Google contacts by exporting the ones on your device. Once everything is in Google contacts, you can use your desktop to clean up the files including "find and merge duplicates" .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the log? For multiple calls? One entry listing the contact, then all the calls, one by one? That's a great idea, but I don't think anyone's written an app to do that. (If the call log is in a SQLite database it would be trivial, though - just a GROUP BY clause. Anyone who wants is free to steal that idea.)

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I misunderstood. I thought there were multiple entries in your contacts. If it's the call log, forget what I said.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrbldo

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is the recent call log (received, missed, etc.). Multiple entries for the same called contact instead of one consolidated contact.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That wouldn't be a log (happenings in the order in which they happen), it would be a list, and someone would have to write an app to pull the data that way. If I could write Android apps (I don't know Android well enough to release anything I'd try writing), I'd dash off a little app to do it. It's a minor utility, maybe 25 lines of code. (I say maybe because I don't know how certain things have to be done in Android, but in, say, Windows, it would be a trivial app in any programming language.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2