Hipstreet aurora 2 help...

j3ttamaster

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Backstory: I traded for this Hip street Aurora 2 tablet for my 8yr son. when I checked it over everything seemed fine ( or so I thought). When I got home and actually had time to play with it a little more I noticed a couple things wrong with it. 1st thing it had no audio from the external speaker, next is Google play store, Google settings, Gmail...ECT all crash as soon as I try to open them. Now i've done factory reset already and have spent 2 days read online about theses problems and now my brain hurts. if theres any other info that I could provide let me know

Model HS_7DTB14
Android version 4.1.1
Baseband version: unknown
Kernel version: 3.0.8 cwd ubuntu-server)) #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 6 18:36:17 cst 2013
Build number:JRO030 .GP722- IDFEJG0000-V1
Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (71)

Admins not sure if this belongs here if not please move

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sadly, this may be why the seller was trying to unload it.

Does sound play over headphones? If so, then the external speaker is likely damaged or faulty. There isn't much you can do about that besides try to get it replaced.

What happened after the factory reset? Are the Google apps still crashing?

j3ttamaster

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Headphone jack works. After factory reset google apps still dont work.

I can deal with the speaker thing, but every couple seconds or so pop up say "unfortunately google play has stopped working" even when I dont try to open it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was Google Play Store preinstalled on the device, or did you have to install it yourself?

What version of Google Play Services do you have? Current is 6.5.87.

j3ttamaster

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Now I know nothing about this stuff. But if I were to get the tablet rooted and installed a ROM. Is that like taking the old OS out and replacing it with a new one ?

Cause I was thinking if the previous onwer tried rooting it and failed could file somwhere be corrupt causing Google play not to open ?

I have no idea if that makes any sense.