Hi folks! Just switched to Android from iphone. Have a few thousand tracks on itunes on mac. I transferred them onto the new phone via a USB. They're on it, I think as there's a big corresponding chunk of memory used up on the SD card. However; I cant "see" the music anywhere on the phone. The google music play app doesnt seem to be aware of it.
    Ive downloaded various music player apps and they also dont seemto be able to pick it up.
    Did I download it correctly? I cant work out what's going on. The google play app seems only interested in selling me some kind of streaming service.
    I've also tried syncing itunes via cloud but that didnt work either (mind you some of this musioc it old + ripped from CDs so not on cloud)
    Please help!!!
    Dan
    Nikhil M1 likes this.
    12-03-2014 09:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may be that the players can't read the media on the SD card because they're not in a folder that the players have permissions for. With KitKat, apps can only read and write to the SD card if they have express permission for SD card access. If they have permission, then it has to be in a folder that the app creates.

It would probably work much better if you uploaded your entire iTunes library to your Google Play Music library in the cloud, using the Google Music Manager. Once it's uploaded, you can stream it from any device or computer using Google Play Music. You can also download individual tracks for offline play as well.
    12-04-2014 12:54 AM