Why am I getting a storage space running up error on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos(rooted)?

idhayakani

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Storage space running up error in samsung galaxy grand duos(rooted)

I have samsung galaxy grand duos which i rooted recently.Formatted my sd card using partition tool and created two partitions.One for FAT 32 and another for EXT 2 parition.I created 15 gb partition for FAT 32 and 13 GB partition for EXT 2.Then i installed link2sd app and created link scripts to link new apps to SD Card.I installed some big games like contract killer 2,contract killer sniper edition, need for speed shift.Now i am getting storage space running up error.My free memory is showing only 365 mb out of 4 gb.what may be the problem

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Storage space running up error in samsung galaxy grand duos(rooted)

When you move an app to the SD card, there's a part of it left behind in internal storage to point to where it is on the external card. You have to have enough space left to hold that information. Evidently you're running out of it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

You have a quart bottle and 31.5 ounces of liquid in it. You want to add 5 ounces of liquid. Is there any solution? Sure, get a larger bottle. That's the same situation. Your phone has a fixed amount of storage. You can't store more than that on it.

idhayakani

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

My mobile samsung grand duos is not actually moving apps to sd card.i used link2sd and used android app manager to move to sd card.It shows files moves into sd card but its actually not moving.I checked in phone memory all apps are inside internal memory\android\data or internal memory\android\obb.There is no apps in extsdcard\android\data folder.If i am moving apps to sd card means it should be there in extsdcard\android\data folder but its not there.I have lava tablet in that there is folder called extsdcard\android\data and most apps are there.Link2sd shows all apps linked to SD.whether its working for me?

My link2sd screenshot

internal (27% free)
/data

SD card(27%free)
/storage/emulated/0

Ext.SD(18% free)
/storage\extsdcard

SDcard 2nd part(93%free)
/data/sdext2

System(5% free)
/system

Cache(98%free)