How do I get my text message notification to go away on my ZTE GRAND X MAX?

Veronica Gonzales

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
txt msg notificatoin wont go away on ZTE GRAND X MAX help..

I accidently backed out of a new message on my phone and now I have a unready msg on my phone and I cant get it to go away its very annoying any one know why and how I can solve the issue???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: txt msg notificatoin wont go away on ZTE GRAND X MAX help..

I accidently backed out of a new message on my phone and now I have a unready msg on my phone and I cant get it to go away its very annoying any one know why and how I can solve the issue???

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that the unread message count badge on the app icon still reads 1? Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Messaging, and Clear Cache, then Force Stop. Now try opening the Messaging app again. If this didn't help, you could also try Clear Data, but this might delete any text messages you've saved. I'm never quite sure if this is the case, but I always have to warn people, since they might keep valuable texts stored in their phone. (They shouldn't just rely on the phone storage, though, since if it's lost, it's lost forever. Instead, they should consider something like SMS Backup +).

Jessie Griffith

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having this same problem and it's driving me crazy! I have an LG Volt. I have no new text but there's a 1 on the messaging icon on the home screen. I've tried everything, including the previous suggestion. Help!

isgo60

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: txt msg notificatoin wont go away on ZTE GRAND X MAX help..

I installed new messenger from Playstore. Turned off notifications and stopped the app. This worked for me. Need to send message to restart messenger.

Last edited:

jerseyboi2083

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
ZTE Warp elite and I'm having the same issue, I knew it was from my mom so I quick sent her a message as soon as she replied and i checked it it stopped .... its like the phone doesnt register the message check unless u back out and go back in and tap the text again....so annoying this thing churped all day ugh