How can I un-brick my Galaxy Mega?

jersie314

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Begging For Help! Galaxy Mega "Bricked" Stuck on Samsung Logo

I am so beyond frustrated at this point. My Mega 6.3, which was not rooted, is bricked or acting like it is. It does not go past the Samsung logo screen. I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of to this point. I can go into recovery mode, but I CAN'T go into download mode. I have Odin, Kies 3, and the firmware downloaded, however, none work without going into download mode that I'm aware of. I have been working on this phone 2 days straight and I am going nuts! I'm praying someone can give me some suggestions, before I lose what is left of my mind.

I also have a usb/micro usb storage - if that is even helpful. I was hoping I could load the firmware on there and some how load it in recover mode.... I don't even know if that is possible. I'm begging for help at this point. Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Begging For Help! Galaxy Mega "Bricked" Stuck on Samsung Logo

1) Best Buy. Ask for the Samsung Experience desk. They have software tools (and probably a Samsung Dongle) which can get you into download mode and reflash the ROM.

2) If not, get a Samsung Dongle on ebay (they're about a buck). That will force even a hard-bricked phone (it works as if the battery is out - nothing at all) into download mode. then you go from there to reflash the ROM.

3) I've seen "flash from the SD card" ROMS, but I don't know if there's one for the Mega. Check on XDA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63