Can you capture decent-looking slow-motion video using just a software solution (apps)?

shinkaide

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask for the opinions of folks who'd likely know more than I would.

I'm currently looking to buy a new phone in the next couple of months, and it's down to either the T2 Ultra or the Z3. I seriously like them both - the Z3 for its top-notch imaging (Audio and Video), and the T2 Ultra for being a serious steal at its current price point, with still-really-good specs (primarily the screen real estate and battery life, for me).

I'm leaning toward the T2 Ultra a bit more right now, but I got real curious about one particular thing - slow motion video capture.

So, the Z3 can do 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps. The T2 Ultra is listed as only capable of doing 1080p@30fps.

My question is can I find some halfway decent method of being able to shoot slow-motion video on the T2 Ultra using just software (apps)?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There are some apps for it, but I'd be concerned about hardware limitations preventing it. Your phone would have to process everything at a much faster rate to handle it compared to standard fps. I don't know what kind of minimum specs would be required to handle it, so don't be surprised if you try some apps and they don't work well on the T2 ultra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer