Why is every picture I view (on Facebook, google, twitter etc) automatically saving into my photos?

Henry Cromie

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5, android lollipop. Every picture I open is saving into my photos and Ido t know how to turn it off or stop it from happening, anyone have any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The app is saving them in a folder that doesn't have a .nomedia file (which prevents the folder from being scanned). Find the folder the files are in (with a file manager) and create a file named .nomedia (nothing to the left of the dot - the dot is the first character). It doesn't matter what's in the file - even nothing - it's the fact that there's a file there with that name that does it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it's not just thumbnails that the system is saving? It's normal for devices to save thumbnails of images temporarily. If you happen to connect the device to your computer via USB and select the Import Photos option in Windows Explorer, you might see all of those images (in thumbnail form) appear on your computer, because the Import Photos option indiscriminately copies over every single image on the phone.