Okay so I just bought an HTC M7 from someone. When I try to unlock the phone, it says this: "unfortunately, com.android.settings has stopped". I can't do anything with the phone. I have tried a factory reset and the phone still does it. Can anyone help me out here? It'd be greatly appreciated.
    12-08-2014 07:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you know the person who sold you the phone, or was this a Craigslist kind of transaction? Perhaps this problem is why the seller was trying to unload the phone.

How did you do the factory reset--from the Recovery Menu, or were you actually able to get to the Settings>Backup & Reset menu and reset it from there?
    12-09-2014 01:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you know the person who sold you the phone, or was this a Craigslist kind of transaction? Perhaps this problem is why the seller was trying to unload the phone.

How did you do the factory reset--from the Recovery Menu, or were you actually able to get to the Settings>Backup & Reset menu and reset it from there?
    I had to do a hard reset, because the phone won't even unlock. I just get this endless popup that says that. Is there any way to do a fresh install of android from your computer? Sorry I'm a noob, it's my first android phone
    12-09-2014 04:21 AM
    I'm not sure about that--you'd probably have to root the phone first. Are you able to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526
    12-09-2014 09:15 PM