Hello,

I have an issue when charging my Galaxy Tab 10.1' tablet.

When I connect the official Samsung adapter to the tablet, the charge does not start (a red cross appears on the battery symbol), unless i reboot the tablet.

So i guess it is a driver/software issue since the charge actually works when using reboot method.

Anyway, i am looking a way to fix my issue.
    Any idea anyone?

Many Thanks!
    12-14-2014 03:10 AM
    Charging is a wire connection from the power supply in the computer to the phone, it has nothing to do with drivers. There's a problem with the tab, but it can only be diagnosed on the workbench (which means the repair shop).
    12-14-2014 11:31 PM
    There are lot of them Check online retail site..
    12-15-2014 04:44 AM
    Have you tried using a different charger and/or cable? I'm not familiar with the symbol you mentioned, but trying those two first would be the easiest and cheaper to check than sending to a repair shop.
    12-15-2014 09:06 AM
    Thanks!
    How would you explain that the charge works fine when we reboot the tablet, but not when we "hot plug" the cable?
    Cheers
    12-17-2014 04:53 AM
    Thanks!
    How would you explain that the charge works fine when we reboot the tablet, but not when we "hot plug" the cable?
    Cheers
    Did my suggestion work? If so, the only thing I could think of as a possibility the rebooting worked is either it's a slight enough defect in the cable/charger that it's susceptible to movement, or maybe there's a check of something that is bypassed if it's already plugged in during boot up. I only suggested trying another charger or cable because a lot of people have extras lying around or could try someone else's charger to test.

If anyone knows exactly what that symbol means other that not charging, then we could maybe pin it down more.
    12-17-2014 09:53 AM