How do I fix my default Calendar app (Sony Xperia Z3)?

Karim Abdelghani

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Calendar, and Notifications issues with new Sony Xperia Z3

I just bought my new Sony Xperia Z3 two or three days ago and so far I love it except for two small annoying things that I am sure can be solved and I need your help to know how. First of all, the default Calendar App is not working and I tried to download other Calendar apps like digical and Cal but they also crash upon starting them up. How can I resolve this? Secondly, I can't seem to find a way to have different sound notifications for different apps like email or whatsapp etc. Thirdly, I want the phone to wake and display notifications on screen after the phone sleeps just like the iphone.

Your help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Calendar, and Notifications issues with new Sony Xperia Z3

Welcome to Android Central! Did you buy the Z3 brand new from a retail store, or used/refurbished from a reseller?

How is the Calendar app not working? What happens when you tap it? Do you get an error message?

To set different notification tones for various apps, open the app, tap Menu, and go to its settings. Look around for an option to set a specific notification tone for the app.

To make the screen turn on when notifications are generated, try a 3rd party app like NiLS Lockscreen Notifications.