How can I root my Chinese phone, LANDVO L200?

Mehdi56R

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Chinese phone, and it is Landvo L200. I want to know how I can root it.

My main problem is the ROM limit. It was assumed to have 8GB ROM, but its memory is in two parts: internal memory (1GB) and phone memory (7GB). The apps can only be installed on the internal memory, and I can move some of them to the phone memory by use of the Link2SD app. But still have no sufficient memory to install apps.

I heard that I can merge these two memories and make a bigger memory to install apps, if the phone is rooted (I am not sure if it is true)

Thanks,
Mehdi

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Chinese phone, and it is Landvo L200. I want to know how I can root it.
If the baseband date (Settings/General/About device) is earlier than June 3, 2014, Towel Root. Otherwise you'll have to wait until someone finds an exploit for that phone (which, due to the fact that so few of each model of Chinese clones are sold, will probably be never).

I heard that I can merge these two memories and make a bigger memory to install apps, if the phone is rooted (I am not sure if it is true)
It's not. You can totally destroy the phone if you try to merge the two partitions (not memories), but unless they're the same file format and physically adjacent, and the larger one is before the smaller one, you can't merge them at all. (And you'd have to back up everything on the smaller one, because merging would destroy all the data on it.)

The only real way to get more space for apps on a phone is to get a phone with more space for apps. There's no other practical way at this time. (Some apps can be moved to the external SD card, but very few work well, if at all, that way.)

Mehdi56R

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed the "Root Checker Basic", and it mentions that my phone has root access.

Do yo have the same problem with the ROM size? My phone has only 1GB internal memory, plus about 5.5GB phone memory that is not useable for the app installation.
Is there any way to increase the memory space for app installing?

Albator978

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you will need to buy a MicroSD Card for your Landvo L200, the manufacturer says it supports up to 64GB, 32Gb should be enough.
Then Google "Search" for "how to expand android ram with root" and choose the best method.
The App from the Play store called "ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP)" seems to be the easiet way.

You can also removed the built in app installed by the manufacturer with the free app in the Play store called
"System app remover (ROOT)"

Mehdi56R

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I have inserted a 8GB SD card into my phone and moved all movable apps to SD. Now, the internal memory has only about 80KB free space and the SD card has plenty of free space (more than 5GB). But when I want to install a new app from the play store, the phone shows an error that there is not enough free space.
Will my problem be fixed by expanding the RAM or I should find a way to expand the ROM?

sacekusha

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same freaking phone and the same freaking problem bothers me! Piece of crap! 8gb internal memory, of which 900mb is available for apps! And half of it is allready filled with system apps you cannot remove! Almost none app can be moved to sd, they aaaallll want to be on that small freaking 100mb space that i have..... While freaking chinese nobrainer designer dedicated about 6gb of my internal storage for freaking MEDIA!
Here is the message for that chinese dev.: Dude, i bouught class 10 microsd 64gb for 8 freaking bucks, thats all the media i need, why the hell would patrition internal storage in a way that i have 200mb for apps and 6+gb for ''media''...... Im so pissed off..

And also, my ear speaker doesnt work, got refunded 30% of a price, didnt want to return it because i already payed 25% import taxes :/
Ofcourse replacement earpiece speaker for Landvo L200 is NOWHERE to be found. I regret buying landvo. I even turned to their ''official'' webpage and asked if they could sell me freaking speaker, or atleast tell me where to find it. They just told me to **** off in bad english.

Martin Stanga

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Nokia Earspeaker fits and work well, just measure yours and order nokia one from ebay, i had same issue and got 30% refund as well. Now I have crystal clear sound and phone works well for £65 all together :cool:

Albator978

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I finally upgraded the ROM from 1GB to 2GB with the Custom ROM found at needrom dot com /download/l200-modded-rom/ (this site will not let me post URLs) and using the SP Flash Tool. It got rid of the annoying boot up music and all the useless chinese apps. I now have plenty of space to install all the Apps I need and it runs smoother too. As much as I loved this smartphone with 1GB of ROM, now it's perfect with 2GB. It's been over 2 months now and I haven't had any issues to report.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma