I have the Droid Razr MAXX HD and recently I have had Google play store window pop up when my alarm goes off, when I go to open a text, end a phone call, just random. I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts.
    Please help.
    12-16-2014 12:14 PM
    It might be an app pushing ads to your phone. I'd recommend installing Lookout's Ad Network Scanner and Detector (look it up on the Play Store) or a similar tool. It should tell you if an app you installed is pushing ads to your phone as pop-ups, notifications, or just showing ads. That way you can choose to uninstall that or keep it, knowing what it does.
    It might be an app pushing ads to your phone. I'd recommend installing Lookout's Ad Network Scanner and Detector (look it up on the Play Store) or a similar tool. It should tell you if an app you installed is pushing ads to your phone as pop-ups, notifications, or just showing ads. That way you can choose to uninstall that or keep it, knowing what it does.
    12-16-2014 12:53 PM
    I have been doing a LOT of reading on this phenomenon on various forums. On one they say the culprit is Music Paradise. However on my Note 4 it isn't. I finally got sick of wondering and figured I would take it into my own hands. I read about adblockplus.org. It isn't downloadable on google play as it's primary function is to block intrusive ads like the ones that take over your phone (ie: surfing a web page from a link and getting pushed right into google play for some stupid game I don't want). They do let some ads through so it doesn't kill everything unless you select it to and you don't have to use Root.

I think that until google gets control of these intrusive ads that a lot more people will be going this route. If they change their policy and or acknowledge it, I will consider allowing ads again.

hope this helps. So far I have tested it (only 2 days now) and when I click on a link in tinfoil for facebook, no ad is commandeering my phone and pushing me to play store. So far so good.
    01-08-2015 09:16 AM