Is there any adapter for an Android tablet to interface with the car AM/FM radio?

kgor93

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm highly considering replacing my car stereo with a Nexus 7. The only thing holding me back is that I still would like to have an AM/FM radio. So I'm looking for some sort of tuner or adapter to use so I can still get a radio with the tablet. Does anyone know if this exists?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Only the other way as far as I know - an adapter from the phone TO an FM radio. (A tuner output would have to go into the headphone jack, which would mean that it would also have to have a speaker and headphone jack, so it's not as simple as it sounds. Same thing if it had a Bluetooth connection to the pone. And a wifi connection to the phone would make it too expensive to get many sales.)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Like Rukbat said, only the other way around.

There are apps, however, like TuneIn Radio that let you access radio stations using data (provided said stations also broadcast their signal to the Internet). This would, of course, also require that your Nexus has an active data connection (WiFi or mobile).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance