I'm looking to keep watch on my Siberian Husky when my fiance and I are not at home. I have my former HTC Thunderbolt that's sitting at home in a desk drawer. I figure instead of purchasing an HD IP camera ($100-$300) I can use the Thunderbolt. I'm going to do a hard reset to clear all the apps and other crap off of it. At that point what's the best way to turn this into a remote access camera? Do I just need to download the proper app for the T-bolt and I'll be good to go?

Thanks,
    12-17-2014 02:55 PM
    Not sure offhand. I will try to remember to look into this later. I can ask around if anyone else has tried this.

From an AOSP M8.
    12-17-2014 02:58 PM
    Not sure offhand. I will try to remember to look into this later. I can ask around if anyone else has tried this.

From an AOSP M8.
    Thank you potentially fellow VW Golf driver lol. I just got home from work so I am charging the Thunderbolt up and will start messing with it shortly.
    12-17-2014 09:26 PM
    Thank you potentially fellow VW Golf driver lol. I just got home from work so I am charging the Thunderbolt up and will start messing with it shortly.

Lol...Golfdriver as in the 1 Wood, not the car. But don't feel bad, several people have suggested the same thing.

On to business... I found a few websites to check out that have what seems like several different methods to use for what you would like:

How to use an Android phone as a security camera or a baby monitor

How to Use Your Android Device as a Security Camera

Turn an old phone into a security camera - CNET

Hopefully that gets you in the right direction.
    12-17-2014 10:33 PM
    Lol...Golfdriver as in the 1 Wood, not the car. But don't feel bad, several people have suggested the same thing.

On to business... I found a few websites to check out that have what seems like several different methods to use for what you would like:

How to use an Android phone as a security camera or a baby monitor

How to Use Your Android Device as a Security Camera

Turn an old phone into a security camera - CNET

Hopefully that gets you in the right direction.
    Ah, well I'm a golfer as well, so hey that works out!

Thanks for the links! I'll peruse those during my lunch today.

Much appreciated, I'll post up if I'm able to get this to work properly. Or not.
    12-18-2014 02:04 PM
    Hopefully everything goes well.
    12-18-2014 02:14 PM