I have an RCA tablet (not rooted) in which I installed a small SD chip to put music onto from my main machine to the RCA tablet.

Regrettably, once the chip is removed from the tablet and installed on another machine no files can be transferred to it. The chip is locked.

I want to be able to read and write to the chip at will from any of my computers.

How can this be accomplished?

(by way of background- the RCA tablet is one of those $30 Walmart Black Friday tablets). Kingo will not root it.
    12-17-2014 05:55 PM
    If it's a full size SD card, there's a little slide on one side. Move it to the other position. (It's a write-protect slide.)

If it's a microSD card, there's no write protect on it, so there's something wrong with it. Copy everything from it to your computer. Put it back in the phone. Restart to recovery. Format the card. Put the card into the computer and copy everything back to it. If that doesn't allow you to write to the card, the card is bad. (Android respects Android's protections - Windows doesn't even see them.)
    12-17-2014 06:08 PM
    As mentioned the (micro sd) chip is on a tablet.

While the chip is in the tablet files can be copied to the chip but they can't be saved once modified such as working on a sreadsheet file and then trying to save it. The original file remains just as it was when it was copied to the chip but no changes/edits are saved.

From what I've previously read android/google won't allow a change of locking on an sd chip unless it (google/android) want to.

Restart to recovery? Do you mean reset to factory settings?

Anybody else have an idea?
    12-17-2014 06:28 PM