Help, phone won't start. What do I do?

Carrie-Amanda D

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC Desire 816 on Virgin Mobile, not even a month old. It worked like a charm, fast and flawless. That is, till I decided to use my chrome cast to cast my screen onto my tv. I casted Charter's TV app and it worked for about five minutes with no problem. Then it started getting glitchy and my phone rebooted. But then it shut down after it rebooted and now it won't turn on. I tried to soft reset it and factory reset it to no avail. I've tried holding down the power button and all that jazz for more than ten seconds. I've tried different chargers and outlets. And even my laptop, which won't recognize my device anymore. I even took off the back and it doesn't have a removable battery...ruined my finger nails (not that I had any to begin with, I keep them short)........And an FYI, no it is not rooted. I wouldn't dare think about attempting that. So what can I do to fix this mess?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and oy! That doesn't sound too good. It sounds like you've already tried a bunch of things I would have suggested. At this point, you're probably better off talking to Virgin Mobile about getting a replacement (if they'll do it at this stage), or contacting HTC for warranty repair. Good luck!