How do I fix my SNS problem, it says the process no longer exists?

Ahmed198787

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
SNS process no longer exists big problem!

Hello all,

following this thread
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/296366-facebook-log-sync-applications.html

I have disabled the SNS service

now i Yahoo mail app does not notify for Facebook emails, it does notify about everything else. In status bar i got the emails but not from facebook and if i manually refresh email list i get the facebook email but no notification about it.

I tried to uninstall facebook and yahoo mail then re install them but SNS still missing from services > All

What can i do please help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: SNS process no longer exists big problem!

How did you disable SNS? Can you re-enable it the same way? If you turned it off in Applications manager, go to the Turned Off tab and turn it back on.

Ahmed198787

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: SNS process no longer exists big problem!

There was no disabled tab and the app just disappeared. I spent hours trying to recover it with no avail. Anyway this problem is resolved by factory reset and i can see the SNS back and running now. Problem is still existing. Yahoo mail does not get notify on status bar about Facebook emails But notify about other emails though the emails from facebook come in if i go manually check them. . This is very weird problem.

Edited: Seems that the problem exists on android email as well but combining categorize of social , forums etc under one category fixed this problem and notification come back again from social. So if you split the categorize there is no way to get a notification for social i guess?

Found it

Email > Settings > Choose the email > inbox type Default
Email > Settings > Choose the email > Manage Labels > Social > turn Label notifications on and notify about every message.

This is fixed but i think yahoo has to do some option like this on it's crappy SmartView. So i guess this is a Yahoo issue that isn't flooding your email with social emails?

Last edited: