Please please help!!!

RGRgoddess

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Droid I have the Motorola droid 2 and have had it for about 2 month, I switched from Blackberry. It worked great at first I WAS in love with it
Now it changes my ring tone when ever it feels like, My Text message now won't make any sound at all just vibrates <----------- BEYOND PISSED at this one, I have tried all the obvious in hand cent and in settings?????

Please help before I chuck this phone at the wall

Michelle

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you take it back to your carrier they will more then likely have you first try a factory reset before they give you a replacement. You will want to find a backup app so you won't lose all your app's and settings.

I would guess its an application that is causing these issues you mentioned. Have you installed anything new before the problems started?

Reactions: RGRgoddess

RGRgoddess

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have installed a lot
Currently I just uninstalled Handcent and redownloaded it and it seem's to be running good right now. What app do you guys currently have for a back up ??

Thanks again

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm rooted and use titanium backup which will only work on rooted phones. If you search or ask in the application forum you may find some app's for non rooted phones. I'm guessing your not rooted.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
MyBackUp Pro ,is in the market and backs up applications(apks only for non rooted phones,apks and data for rooted),and also backs up phone data for non rooted.
Both types of backups can be saved to sd card or secure online. ;)

Sent using TaPaTaLk

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a droid 1st gen before my EVO. I had some funky issues. I would agree about trying a factory reset. Also... FYI, handcent must be removed and reinstalled for some of their updates.

By any chance do you use a task killer or have you been using one?

RGRgoddess

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a droid 1st gen before my EVO. I had some funky issues. I would agree about trying a factory reset. Also... FYI, handcent must be removed and reinstalled for some of their updates.

By any chance do you use a task killer or have you been using one?

Yeah I did the advanced task killer but removed it after reading how bad it was for me and what does Rooted mean? What's the difference??
Thank you guys for all your help

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did the advanced task killer but removed it after reading how bad it was for me and what does Rooted mean? What's the difference??
Thank you guys for all your help

Root bacically is like having administative priv. on you phone , similar as like on a computer ,without root you just have user rights.

It allows you to tweak the setting more even if you dont install a custom rom right away there are tools that require root in order for them to function .

I rooted the x a week or 2 ago and today I rooted the dinc , but I have not installed any custom roms yet , but with titanium backup pro have froze some bloatware(after making sure it was safe to on that particular app).Skype for example if you do not use is safe to freeze I read.