Are Android phones as much fun to mess around with as competitor phones?

i_Droid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the reasons I love my iPhone is because of the ease of use, and the fantastic selection of 'fun' apps, or time wasters as some people might say. I actually hardly even talk on the phone. I just love it for the mobile web and ability to keep me occupied on lunch breaks trips, etc. With the Android phones being more technical, it seems like they wouldn't be as good of a fit for just messing around and having fun with like the iPhone. I'm really enjoying this app called 'ColorSplash' right now which turns your photos black and white, and allows you to recolor individual segments of the picture. I also love the 'Sketchbook Mobile' and 'Brushes' apps for when I feel artistic. And the iPhone (currently) has a larger library of games than Android.
So, I guess I'd just like to know from Droid owners: Are they fun devices, or are they better suited to business and serious uses?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Its personally preference... got to a store and check out the ones your considering buying. I got rid of my iPhone for an Android phone. The only reason they're more technical is because they let people do anything they want, let them develop apps and stuff... thats the technical aspect of it..

The multimedia and fun side is just as good... Have you played angry birds or alchemy? Just join the club

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Are Android phones as much fun to mess around with as competitor phones?
It's completely subjective. Like many other things in life, it's not one-size-fits-all. My wife isn't very technical and enjoys her Droid. I am, I tweak and mess with all sorts of things and I enjoy my Droid. Other people prefer other devices. You'd need to see for yourself. Take a test drive. You don't buy cars without test driving, right?

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Like it's been said before, it's difficult to say and would really depend on what you consider fun. The simplicity of the iPhone can be a flaw to some people (me, at least). There are more settings to play around with and quite a few more things that you can change around. For me, that's fun. I am constantly playing around with different things on my phones, like changing around my home screens, adding different widgets, and all the general customizations. Again, that kind of thing is fun to me. I enjoy setting up my phone in a way that isn't the same as someone elses phone. As for the games and apps, I think we've reached a point where Android has established itself as a viable platform, so there is a push by developers to release there stuff on both iPhone and Android, so the apps you enjoy may be on Android, if not a similar app.

Really though, you'd have to get some good hands on to figure out if it's something you'd be into or not. I can tell you dozens of different reasons I love my phone and couldn't switch to an iPhone, but it wouldn't sell you on it if there were things that didn't work for you personally.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you're really wondering if the Apps are available to play with like they are on the iPhone. I would go to Appbrain and check out what's there. It's a standard web listing of the Android Market. There you can look at what apps are available, read reviews and overviews.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12