Only have it a few days. Sent a rather long text message and it sent, but it only sent part of it. There was no warning that I exceeded any character or word limit, as with my previous phone (razr) and it didn't break it into two texts. Is there a limit without warning? Is it supposed to send in two parts when long? Is there a setting somewhere that will change this, prevent it from happening again? I would much rather not have to break a text into two when it is long, but no warning that I've reached a limit causing the other part of the text to be lost is a problem. Like the phone a lot, but am beginning to wonder if it's all it's been made out to be.
    12-30-2014 12:22 AM
    Text is limited to 140 octets which, with the alphabet we use, is 160 characters. It's not your choice, it's the protocol used to send texts. So if your text is longer than 160 characters (spaces, punctuation, everything counts, and an emoji is 2 characters), you have two choices - send it as multiple texts (and hope the recipient's text app puts them together as one long one) or send the text as a text file via MMS. There's no other way.

There should be a setting in whatever texting app you're using for breaking up long texts or not breaking them up (or sending them as MMS). Not breaking them up means sending them as MMS. You can't put 40 ounces in a quart jar and you can't put 161 characters in an SMS message.
    12-30-2014 10:16 PM