Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Shuts off while turning on and in charger?

purplecrystal

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
My tablet is really messed up. First it started draining really fast so I had to keep it connected to a charger a lot, then it shut off between 80% and below, and then it shut off whenever it wasn't plugged into a charger so I had to keep it constantly on the charger while using it and turning it off everytime I unplugged it (which I know is terrible for it, but it was the only way to use it). Yesterday I just left the room for a few minutes while it was plugged in and I come back to it shut off. I hold the power button like usual, but instead of the battery image coming up the normal image comes up, holds for a little, then shuts off again. I repeat this again and again to no avail, and one time a screen pops up like the one after your computer crashes with a couple of options. I just selected the first one "reboot now" and it shut off again. I went to sleep and this morning it still won't work. The past few days it was shutting off a little randomly while unplugged and saying the battery level was 0, also it's been shutting off right after I unplugged the charger. I think it's done for now, so what do I do? I have to be honest- I accidently dropped it a lot (though only minor scratches have come out) and sometimes I spilled water on the screen (Yeah, I know, terrible). But I bought this thing for $180 and I don't really have enough money to buy a new one (I'm a minor without a job) so is there any chance that it could be fixed cheaper or are there any cheaper electronics that work like this one?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. With the drops and the age of the device, it could be several things: from a battery going bad (probably not your fault) to the drops causing damage to the motherboard. You can ask if any local repair shops can give you a free estimate to repair it. But don't be too surprised if the cost to repair it is almost as much as a new device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC