Can can't I delete a contact from the SIM card?

ERFIS

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Cannot delete contact from SIM card

Tried all obvious commands on phone. Downloading apps that should do this. None work. On phone, the DELETE command appears to work but does not. The contacts remains. I noticed that all SIM contacts do not have names or numbers. Only email. So some of the downloaded apps to DELETE CONTACTS dont work as they list by name.

I even went so far as to REFORMAT the SIM card. And reset the phone. These contacts remained. I triple checked them all - the stock CONTACTS app says they are in the SIM card. This still has me scratching my head in a big way.

Anyway, I have ~50 contacts on my SIM card that I want to delete. Yes, I can hide by simply showing contacts from my gmail account. But I have another account that I use contacts from so this is not really an option.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot delete contact from SIM card

A couple of things.

MyPhoneExplorer. Sync phone to program. Delete the contacts you don't want. Delete all contacts on the card (in the phone, not in the program.) Sync program to phone..

If that doesn't work, same program. Sync phone to program. Save. Delete the contacts you don't want. (Save - just in case.) Get a new SIM card. (If you explain the problem, most carriers will give you a new one free.) Sync program to phone.

ERFIS

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot delete contact from SIM card

Thanks for this direction. I could not make this work.
- downloaded the app to my phone and the client to my PC
- set up the connection details right. The app on PC could not discover the phone. I then went to settings --> entered in phone IP adress. Still no discovery. I looked at supported phones. Mine is Samsung S5. Maybe not supported....

adni18

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much Rukbat !!! I was searching so many hours for a solution to delete my SIM Card contacts... your is perfect, MyPhoneExplorer is great tool for Android phones! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech