How to fix my Verizon Galaxy S5's slow wifi?

Saad878

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So I've got a galaxy s5 that used to be rooted and I flashed the stock rom back onto it about a month ago. It's been working fine until about 2-3 days ago and all of a sudden the wifi is super slow but the mobile data is still fast. I've tried all of the solutions that I can find on the internet such as changing the dchp to static and wiping cache partition and its worked for maybe 20 minutes. I really need help because this is becoming a real hassle and it would be great to have a permanent solution to this problem! Thanks for reading!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
changing the dchp to static
That won't work if the IP you choose is within the range of the DHCP leases. IOW, if the router leases 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100, your static IP has to be between 192.168,1,101 to 192.168.1.254. (0 and 255 are reserved, 1 is the router itself.) You also have to get the right mask, gateway (use 192.168.1.1 in this example - the first 3 sets of numbers may change) and the right DNS (use the gateway address).

First check to see wat the encryption on the wireless security in the router is. If it's TKIP or TKIP+AES, change it to AES. Recent versions of Android on some phones are having problems with TKIP.

If your router has a guest mode, enable it and connect your phone to the gues connection. (You'll get the web browser popping up with a login page. Use the guest password you set in the router. Then hit the Home key and work normally.) If this works, you don't want a guest connection, because it's not secure. I've found that the Netgear N300 ($35 at Best Buy when I bought it about a month ago) works with my phones at full speed on the normal account. (I don't think it even has a guest account - it's too cheap.)

Something's changed. I'm retired, so I'm not wasting my time on it - I found something that works, and that's as far as I need to go (to keep from having to pay for a divorce).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX