I have an Xperia Arc S and it works perfectly fine, however today the keyboard stopped typing, when I push the keys I can feel the vibration and also that slider above the keyboard fills with words that I am typing but nothing appears in the space where I am typing.

Yesterday I did a complete factory reset with SD card data wipe and I reinstalled with Nova Launcher and a few apps, I deleted some of them now, but still the keyboard doesn't work.

What can I do?
    01-01-2015 01:35 PM
    I have an Xperia Arc S and it works perfectly fine, however today the keyboard stopped typing, when I push the keys I can feel the vibration and also that slider above the keyboard fills with words that I am typing but nothing appears in the space where I am typing.

Yesterday I did a complete factory reset with SD card data wipe and I reinstalled with Nova Launcher and a few apps, I deleted some of them now, but still the keyboard doesn't work.

What can I do?
    Did you delete apps that were downloaded? Or delete apps that came pre-installed onto the device when purchased, i.e. /system level apps? If you deleted system apps, then something could have been deleted that affects the keyboard. If not, then I would suggest going into system settings > applications > sort by all > keyboard > clear cache. Let us know if that fixes your problem.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-01-2015 09:48 PM
    Another option would be to go to Play on your PC, and select a keyboard app like Google (free and small so it will load fast). Once you have it installed, at least you can use the device again.
    01-01-2015 09:53 PM