I've searched high and low and cannot find a solution to this problem. I transferred my phone files to SD card. Ever since I did the wipe the gallery does not display any of the images that are already stored on the device. If I take a new picture it will go right into the /sdcard/DCIM/Camera directory and it will display in the gallery. Same thing happens if I download a picture it will go into /sdcard/Download and will display in the gallery.

However, any of the images that are already in any of the folders on my sdcard do not show up in the gallery. Is there a way to force the gallery to scan the sdcard or something? Thanks in advance.
    01-05-2015 12:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? You mentioned a wipe--did you do a factory reset, or are you just referring to moving photos from your phone to the SD card?

Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, then reinserting it. If that doesn't help, then go to Settings>Apps>All (or the App Manager), select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open Gallery again and give it a few seconds to repopulate the database. Do the photos show up now?
    01-05-2015 01:32 PM