Advice? Broken EVO - sell as is or fix and sell?

MBinDC

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I broke my EVO this week (cracked digitizer, but not glass itself), rendering it unusable. It's otherwise in perfectly working condition, but the digitizer's obviously in need of replacing. It seems that I can pick these up off of Ebay for ~$70 and fix it myself. Anyone have thoughts on the price spread between broken-but-serviceable EVOs and used (and in excellent condition) EVOs? I don't mind fixing it myself, but if I could get $250 or something for my EVO as is, I wouldn't mind foregoing the small premium I might earn by fixing it myself.

(I would have just repaired the phone and kept it, but I just couldn't be w/o it while waiting for a new digitizer to arrive. So I walked down to Radio Shack and bought another EVO at full price. Ouch. Thus my interest in selling this one . . .).

htc_prep

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
fix it.

Replace the screen its easy enough. All you need is a small Phillips head to in screw it take a finger nail or non marring tool to open (enter fromvolume side!!!) and snap up the cable locks and detach the ribbon cables. And vise versa to replace since the screens come compressed. But keep in mind there are 2 different sized ribbon cables but if you have insurance just stop by a Sprint store an have a Sprint technician. Like me. fix it for free.