How do i block unauthorised downloads on my samsung galaxy s5?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on what "unauthorized downloads" means. Authorized by whom? By you? Don't download the ones you don't want to download. By others using your phone? That depends on how geeky the person is.

Apps don't just download themselves - someone has to run something to download something.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
My grandson plays on my phone and knows how to download games. Is there any way to require a password for downloads?

Go into the Google Play Store app. Tap the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the page > scroll down to Settings > under "User Controls", tap "Require authentication for purchases". There are several options, one of which is "For all purchases through Google Play on this device".

I hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rlr22303

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
This is happening on my phone. It's not an app. Last week (1/8/2016) a document named 'CountryName.txt' (39KB) downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy Prime without my initiating it and no one else uses my phone and I keep the screen locked. A download notification appeared and stored itself in the phone's storage 'Download' folder. I wasn't using the phone when this happened. And every time I delete that document, it downloads itself again. I followed Samsung's advice to delete it and reboot in safe mode. One minute after safe mode was off, the document was on my phone again. And my antivirus app (CM Security) automatically scans it and says it's safe.

Taxationistheft

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I am a business professional who has never played a game on my phone. Ever. I don't play games. Anywhere. Ever. My children are grown and are away at university. Nobody else has access to my Note 7. Yet, every few days I find a new game that has been installed. Short of throwing my device out the window, how can i stop this bull****?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a business professional who has never played a game on my phone. Ever. I don't play games. Anywhere. Ever. My children are grown and are away at university. Nobody else has access to my Note 7. Yet, every few days I find a new game that has been installed. Short of throwing my device out the window, how can i stop this bull****?
Check to set if you have an app called DT Ignite installed. It's basically an app carriers can use to install more bloat on your phone. If you have it, you should be able to disable it so it's no longer able to run. If you don't have that app, or disabling it doesn't work, then you likely have something similar that's actually malware. I know a while back there was a couple apps called Monkey Test and Time Service that were going around causing similar problems. I never had to deal with them, but they sounded like they were hard to get rid of.