When I open a Knox a window pops up saying the Touchwiz home is not working, why?

Holly Gupton

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
when i open knox a window pops up saying the touchwiz home is not working

I updated my Samsung Galaxy S4 with knox and every time I open it a window pops up saying the touchwiz home is not working properly and when I click ok it just keeps popping up til I restart the phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: when i open knox a window pops up saying the touchwiz home is not working

Have you installed Knox, or do you mean that you updated the ROM and Knox is on it. If the latter, that's just a "stub" to the actual Knox app, which isn't on the phone unless you install it.

If you need Knox, let the system administrator set it up for you, because different companies use it differently (and that's the only time you need it - in a corporate environment in which you're required to have it on your phone if you want to use your phone on the corporate network - normal users do not need Knox, and it should never have been put on phones by default - Samsung should have sold a corporate version of the phone for AT&T and Verizon that included Knox and a locked bootloader).

ftempel

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: when i open knox a window pops up saying the touchwiz home is not working

So, for us who have enable Knox, not knowing what it was about, how do we get rid of the annoying issue. I pull down the notifications screen, see the first item is Knox, tap here to enter Knox mode. I figured if I tap it, I can disable it. No, all I get is the Touchwiz error.