I have a verizone note 2 sch-i605 4.4.2 verison. I just bought it and put it on straight talk, it's not rooted. I put the AT&T Sim card in and it accepted it and has been working for over a month. what I can't figure out is how it's working, when I pull down the screen is still says verizon wireless and the network settings are on global. I'm unable to change the network settings and unable to change my apn settings also because it's not rooted. Uhmy problem is,sometimes my phone says I have 4G but I can use data, all I have to do to fix it is turn my data on and off then I have 4G again. also when my phone only has 3 g I can't use any data. listen there anyway to fix this? I don't quite understand what service my phone runs off of. any answers will help. thanks!
    01-11-2015 06:10 PM
    What carrier did you put it on with Straight Talk, AT&T? If so, you'll only get 4G data a) if the phone is unlocked and 2) when you're on a 700MHz AT&T LTE tower. The phone isn't designed to be used on AT&T. Go to Straight Talk Compatibility Test and see if it's acceptable for Straight Talk Verizon. If it is, contact Straight Talk and ask them to switch you over to Verizon. (You'll need a CDMA kit, which they can send you or you can buy at most Walmarts.)
    01-11-2015 06:19 PM
    I contacted straight talk and they told me everything is working perfectly with my SIM card and phone. The phone has been working for over 2 months, its just sometimes I don't have internet and I have to restart the phone in order for it to work. But they tell me I have a AT&T SIM card but my phone tells me I'm running off of Verizon network.
    01-28-2015 09:05 AM