Could I have a virus?

Tomandco

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Possible android virus - Diagnosis and/or removal

Hi, I've got an Acer E380 running 4.2. I suddenly seem to have a load of "apps" in the settings>apps>all list, apps such as "MTK logger", "MTK android suite Daemon" and others such as "omacp".
These all have worryingly high amounts of permissions - all are allowed to send texts, call numbers, access, modify and create contacts, accounts, etc. I have no recollection of installing these, and it looks to me to be some form of virus (and a little research online seems to back this up).
I've run kasperskey and AVG virus scans yet they say my device is clean - so I'm now at all as to what to do?
Is this a virus and if so, how do I remove it, as there seems to be no .apk that has caused it.
Many thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Possible android virus - Diagnosis and/or removal

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the device didn't come with it preinstalled as a system app? MTK is related to GPS, so presumably it's logging your location, which could be a normal system function. When you select the app in the Settings>Apps menu, is there an Uninstall button or a Disable button? Is the button greyed out?

omacp is probably related to location as well. OMA could stand for Open Mobile Alliance, while CP usually means control panel. Secure User Plane Location V3.0 | The Open Mobile Alliance

agirlrobot

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: Possible android virus - Diagnosis and/or removal

I am having a similar problem and my button is greyed out. Is there still a way to disable or uninstall it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give your details? "Similar" doesn't always mean that the details are exactly the same, and as they say, the devil is in the details.;)

Mahdiyar Baladzadeh

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give your details? "Similar" doesn't always mean that the details are exactly the same, and as they say, the devil is in the details.;)

I have exactly that problem. I have 3 unknown app (MTK Android Suit Daemon, MTK Thermal Manager, and MTKLogger) that I didn't ever installed them! They don't have uninstall or disable button. What should I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly that problem. I have 3 unknown app (MTK Android Suit Daemon, MTK Thermal Manager, and MTKLogger) that I didn't ever installed them! They don't have uninstall or disable button. What should I do?

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? "MTK" typically refers to MediaTek, which makes CPUs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante