Can anyone help me update my note 2 Clone to the latest KIT KAT version. I have no option to update in the settings so I am stuck on Jelly Bean and want to update. I am sure the phone has been rooted as the Kernel Version says 3 4 0 root at zhangjianan desktop

How exactly do I get Kit Kat onto the phone and could I do it from my pc when the phone is plugged in via usb lead.

Also I want to delete / reset my Tethering and Portable Hotspot usage record from the settings / Data Usage Tab, or change it to a lower number etc.

Is there a way I can go into the phone via the windows explorer when its plugged into the Pc and just delete one log without loosing anything?

I need to get this done as soon as I can and would like to update the phone so I can talk to Google etc like in the adverts...

Please please please can anyone help or point me to a guide that does not involve a you tube video?

CHEERS!
    01-12-2015 11:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is one of the problems with getting a clone/knockoff. Since it's not a genuine Samsung product, you're not going to get official updates from them. You'd have to install a custom ROM, but it has to be designed specifically for your device. Considering that it's a clone, that's unlikely.
    01-12-2015 12:00 PM
    Only for values of "unlikely" that are about equal to "never gonna happen".
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-12-2015 12:02 PM
    Ahh I see. Thats a shame. Is there any way I can delete the data use for the wifi hotspot from the pc side? Can I not just go into the folder on the android device from the pc? A custom ROM eh...ok I will look at that. Where would I get one and how do I get it onto the android? Is it hard to do? I am lucky as the phone only cost me about £70. Maybe I should just buy a new official phone....
    01-12-2015 12:17 PM
    Hello again

Well I have managed to root the phone ok so I am going to install kitkat smooth or light or lollipop even, when I find a custom good version.

Can anyone tell me, now I have root access what or where the phone stores the Data Useage Graph record and the Tethering and portable hotspot use record so I can delete or amend them.

PLEASE!!! I know its an odd request but I dont want to store a permanent record of my hotspot / tether use.

Thanks for the help and advice so far and keep up the good work.

Cheers
    01-13-2015 05:43 PM