I have an older Razr Maxx and want to connect it to a new laptop so that I can load music onto it from Windows Media Player. I have tried to load Motocast onto the laptop, but it fails due to a known installation problem where it fails to find an internet connection (though there is one) when setting up & installing the motocast software. I have been through countless threads on how to address this issue to no avail.

I also saw that Motocast was sunset 12/31/14 and wonder if that is a contributing factor.

My question is...what alternative app can/should I use to connect the phone so that I can sync it with my media library?

...I don't need to get fancy with an app that also stream videos, etc or works without the cable. I just want something simple and basic for the stated purpose above.

thnx
    01-14-2015 07:09 AM
    Install the driver on the laptop - Motorola - Mac & Windows Drivers. (If th laptop is running Windows 8.1, read Windows 8.1 - Install unsigned drivers.)

Plug the phone into the laptop. Copy what you want from the laptop to the phone. If you want the phone to be making all your decisions, you should be running an iPhone. Android phones are for people who make their own decisions.
    01-14-2015 11:52 AM