Why is my Samsung GS3 screen not working?

LilNinja5181

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so my GS3 stopped working because it was soaked in water by accident and I believe that it is the Digitizer that has stopped working so I want to ask if it really is as I wish to fix it and will probably purchase a Digitizer to replace it on my own. However, the screen is broken, when it turns on there is a thin green bar at the top as well as colour that sometimes spreads on the entire screen however, is the entire display broken? Cause the board is working as I have tested it on another GS3 (Not mine, friend let me test it), the SIM card port isn't working which I don't mind cause I'm not going to be using it as a phone. I have posted it on YouTube and I apologize for the terrible quality, right now I had to use my iPod Touch and I don't really have steady hands. I was only able to show the green bar as well, however, is it really just the Digitizer that is broken? Please help. The link to the video is on my Forum Profile.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The problem with water damage is that multiple components could be (and probably are) damaged. Just testing the motherboard on another device may not be enough to guarantee that it will work after replacing the screen.

The behavior you describe sounds like the whole screen is shot. The digitizer is the component of the screen that senses your touch. If only the digitizer were broken, then you'd see a normal lockscreen appear when you boot up--it just wouldn't respond to your touch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek