What's the best root company to use for my Galaxy S3 and S4?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: whats the best root company to use for galaxy S3 and S4

No, you're confusing rooting and SIM-unlocking. You have to buy an unlock code if your carrier won't give it to you. Rooting depends on the carrier and version of Android, but if there's a root method for your model S3 or S4 running the version of Android you're running, it's free. (Any company offering to sell you a rooting file is either ripping you off or violating the developer's copyright. In all the years I've been in th business [and that's long before there were smartphones (you can't "root" a dumb phone, because the operating system is available - in effect it comes rooted)] I've never heard of a single rooting download you had to pay for.)

Add a post to the thread with the carrier, the versions of Android on the phones and, for the Se, look in Settings/General/About device (it's the last item)/Kernel and post the full kernel date. Some rooting methods were patched on different dates and no longer work on kernels patched after that date. We'll give you some links to go to - safe and free ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18