Hey there! I bought myself a new phone and am giving my old one (samsung galaxy s2+ i9505p) to my sister, and therefore want to wipe all data and apps from it.

The problem is that the factory resets simply will not work. If I try the soft reset (from settings) It will restart the phone, it will wait for some time, and then it will boot the phone with all applications and data still in place. If I try to do a hard reset (volume up + home + power) the phone will just spend a few minutes showing the samsung text, and then just boot normally without entering the recovery mode.

I have searched the internet for help but so far it seems that the only thing I could do is download a new firmware for it, but I can't find an official one and had some trouble downloading one from a third party. If anyone could give any insight on why the soft/hard resets aren't working, or just provide a link to a trustworthy site providing working firmware that I could install I would be most thankful.
    01-16-2015 07:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure you're trying to get to Recovery Mode using the correct procedure: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html

If that still doesn't work, see if the phone is rooted, which might mean that someone before you flashed a custom ROM. Run an app like Root Checker.

This is the official Samsung firmware download site: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung. If you can't find the firmware there, then this one is supposed to be pretty reliable: Firmwares | SamMobile
    01-17-2015 12:52 AM