I tried all d apps dat I knw of. Nd notin nd if some one can work on sometin dat would b good ...some custom roms I havent seen notin bout diz fone ..
    01-17-2015 07:50 PM
    If it's running 4.4.2 and the kernel date is before June 3, 2014, Towel Root, otherwise no.
    01-17-2015 08:09 PM
    I tried all d apps dat I knw of. Nd notin nd if some one can work on sometin dat would b good ...some custom roms I havent seen notin bout diz fone ..
    What is wrong with you? Are you having a brain aneurism?
    03-02-2015 08:06 AM
    Root my phone
    03-31-2015 06:45 AM
    Root my phone
    U can achieve root by using Kingroot & King user. I have the z970 from Metro running 4.4 and gained full root this way. Run the app...it will fail a few times. Once it does fail..go to ur settings and clear the data for it. Just the data tho....
    Clear the data and continue trying. It will work. I'd post a screen shot if I could to prove....
    Yepyeppers81 likes this.
    06-16-2015 10:51 AM
    This is the first time I have tried to root a phone. I read post after post, that the Zmax couldn't be rooted. I downloaded Kingroot, and to my surprise, it actually worked. I gained full root. It took ten tries, but it worked. My problem is that it keeps reverting. I'm relatively sure that I'm doing something wrong, as it is my first attempt, but if someone help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
    07-05-2015 08:39 AM
    The problem is that the zte zmax has system write protection which is initiated by the bootloader. Because of this kingroot can only give you temporary root which will be lost as soon as you reboot. In order to get permanent root you have to install twrp recovery after gaining temp root, then reboot to twrp and flash the SuperSU zip to permanent root your system. FYI, on Android Forums we have TWRP2.8.6.0, CM12.1, CarbonROM5.1.1, PACROM5.1.1, PACROM4.4 4, & CandyROM5.1.1, Butternoob Stock Based ROM, & Flashable stock Roms for the T-Mobile and MetroPCS variants. I've been on Android Forums and XDA Developers for quite some time but since I'm new here I'm not supposed to post working links until I make a few more posts so you will have to copy and paste it. You can find the Zmax section of Android Forums here.
    androidforums.com/forums/zte-zmax.3044/
    Yepyeppers81 likes this.
    07-08-2015 12:14 PM
    The problem is that the zte zmax has system write protection which is initiated by the bootloader. Because of this kingroot can only give you temporary root which will be lost as soon as you reboot. In order to get permanent root you have to install twrp recovery after gaining temp root, then reboot to twrp and flash the SuperSU zip to permanent root your system. FYI, on Android Forums we have TWRP2.8.6.0, CM12.1, CarbonROM5.1.1, PACROM5.1.1, PACROM4.4 4, & CandyROM5.1.1, Butternoob Stock Based ROM, & Flashable stock Roms for the T-Mobile and MetroPCS variants. I've been on Android Forums and XDA Developers for quite some time but since I'm new here I can't post links for another 9 posts.
    07-08-2015 12:17 PM
    Now that I have enough posts, I posted a root guide HERE which will tell you step by step how to root your zte zmax.
    Legoli and Yepyeppers81 like this.
    07-14-2015 09:52 PM
    This is the first time I have tried to root a phone. I read post after post, that the Zmax couldn't be rooted. I downloaded Kingroot, and to my surprise, it actually worked. I gained full root. It took ten tries, but it worked. My problem is that it keeps reverting. I'm relatively sure that I'm doing something wrong, as it is my first attempt, but if someone help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
    08-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Just to add my 2 cents. Thank you Master chief and all the others for what you have accomplished. I am now running the metro PCs zte zmax z970, on the at&t network. With all the fantastic cm 12.1. I love it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 01:40 PM
    okay, this is a stupid question i guess, I've rooted my Max, twrp and cm12, xposed framework. just got this phone the way i wanted it. I've had it for 2 weeks! and i cracked my screen. technically my warranty is void atm. but they don't know that, right? so i gotta take it to the metro store and they'll replace the screen. they so it in store. and it's obvious the issue is my screens broke. will they plug the phone in and run a diagnostic or something and see i voided the warranty? or will they just fix the screen? do i need to flash back to stock unroot and all that?
    08-21-2015 09:29 AM
    okay, this is a stupid question i guess, I've rooted my Max, twrp and cm12, xposed framework. just got this phone the way i wanted it. I've had it for 2 weeks! and i cracked my screen. technically my warranty is void atm. but they don't know that, right? so i gotta take it to the metro store and they'll replace the screen. they so it in store. and it's obvious the issue is my screens broke. will they plug the phone in and run a diagnostic or something and see i voided the warranty? or will they just fix the screen? do i need to flash back to stock unroot and all that?
    Physical damage voids the warranty too so I doubt they will do anything about your cracked screen. However, if the people at the store are going to be looking at your phone you do need to flash everything back to stock.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 09:33 AM
    Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can't root my phone. I downloaded kingroot and it's not working on my phone. I have a ZTE ZMAX z970 and I can't get the app to work. I even keep going to settings and clearing the data on the app but It still won't root my device. I been at this for over a hour. What am I doing wrong?
    11-12-2015 01:12 PM
    Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can't root my phone. I downloaded kingroot and it's not working on my phone. I have a ZTE ZMAX z970 and I can't get the app to work. I even keep going to settings and clearing the data on the app but It still won't root my device. I been at this for over a hour. What am I doing wrong?
    What is your build number and what version of kingroot are you using?
    Yepyeppers81 likes this.
    11-14-2015 10:37 AM